This is not a course to become psychiatrists or counsellors, but to be able to offer a vital first line of support to a person in distress. Practical Mental Health First Aid training teaches people to spot the signs and symptoms of common mental health issues and also to provide support and signpost those affected to the appropriate help. You will leave the course with a much greater understanding of mental health and confidence in providing support.
The course is ideal for teachers, pastoral leaders, senior staff and other job roles that involve working with young people in or outside the classroom.
- 1 day Practical Mental Health First Aid Course
- Designed for teachers running overseas trips and expeditions
- Led by an experienced instructor
- Accredited by the Institute of Outdoor Learning
- Topics include depression, anxiety, self-harm, eating disorders & more
Contact Us for more information & to book.