The STC is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. There is no requirement to divulge personal information to access this site. If you do contact us, or make a booking, we will never wilfully disclose personal information about you to any third party other than when required to for the purpose of a booking or under legal obligation. Examples of this would be our in-country agents (which may be outside of the UK and Europe) and Travel Health Consultancy Exeter, who approve our medical questionnaires.
Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about webpage traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Data we collect and GDPR
As part of a booking, we need to collect a variety of personal details, including sensitive personal information, in order to fulfil our obligations as a tour operator. The following table shows the information we collect and who we share that information with:
A – Travel Health Consultancy, 22 Southernhay West, Exeter, EX1 1PR Tel: 01392 430590
B – In-country agents (In your destination, individual contact details available on request), airlines and flight suppliers (name, gender, date of birth, passport and medical information only) and crisis support agencies in the event of need.
C - School or Organisation requesting trip
D - Parent or Guardian of child detailed on booking form
*Teachers’ medical & health information will not be shared with their employers without prior consent
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping & processing enquiries and bookings
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
We have a legal obligation to maintain records of children's data for 7 years after they reach the age of 18. Our Director, Adrian Ferraro is the STC's designated Data Protection Officer.
You can withdraw consent and opt out of any marketing or market research from The STC at any time by calling us on 01392 665506 or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we are required by law to do so.
Under the Data Protection legislation, you have the following rights with regards to your personal information:
- the right to be informed about the collection and the use of their personal data
- the right to access personal data and supplementary information
- the right to have inaccurate personal data rectified, or completed if it is incomplete
- the right to erasure (to be forgotten) in certain circumstances
- the right to restrict processing in certain circumstances
- the right to data portability, which allows you to obtain and reuse your personal data for your own purposes across different services
- the right to object to processing in certain circumstances
- rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling
- the right to withdraw consent at any time (where relevant)
- the right to complain to the Information Commissioner
STC Expeditions may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes.