The Gold DofE Award is the most prestigious of the three and the most challenging to achieve.
Gold Level expeditions must be 4 days and 3 nights in length, with at least 8 hours of planned activity each day (4 of which must be spent journeying).
According to the DofE the recommended environment should be:
- Land Based Wild country. The environment should be more demanding for the participant than at Silver level. Remote estuaries, marshes, fens and coastal areas may provide an appropriate environment for an expedition with the emphasis on exploring rather than doing the journey.
- Canoeing and Rowing Rivers or other inland waterways and lakes in rural areas, sheltered coastal waters or estuaries.
- Sailing Inland waters, estuaries or sheltered coastal waters. Yachts may use open sea areas.
Our Gold Expedition Programme includes:
- 1 day of pre-expedition training and planning
- 4 day/3 night practice expedition, including a day for acclimatisation and skills training
- 5 day/4 night qualifying expedition and assessment, including a day for acclimatisation and skills training
Please contact us for more information, booking and prices.